There is something that all mothers have in common, regardless of whether they are a new mother or if they have teenagers. No matter who they are, they are going to be lacking sleep. Perhaps it is because they are busy during the middle of the night, taking care of a little one. It might also be due to worry over what their older children are doing. It doesn’t matter why, however, most mums are seriously sleep deprived.
When we are lacking sleep, we tend to do things that don’t always make sense. This can lead to some very funny situations. Perhaps you have experienced some of them in your life. Take a look down through the following 25 different things that sleep deprived mothers have done. You are sure to find it funny and perhaps you might just see yourself in there somewhere.
1. “I walked out to my car and strapped my son into his car seat before I realised that I didn’t have pants on.”
2. “I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and was surprised to find I felt warm and wet. Turns out I was so tired that I was peeing on the couch instead of in the toilet. I had literally pulled down my pants, sat down on the couch, and started peeing as if I were on the toilet. I just added that to the list of bodily fluids I had to clean up that night.”
3. “I kept trying to open the front door of my house by pressing the unlock button of my car key.”
4. “I was so tired I forgot our son’s name. I gestured to the monitor and asked my husband, ‘How’s what’s-his-face doing?’”
5. “I grabbed my husband’s crotch — HARD — as he was rolling over because I thought he was the baby about to roll out of bed.”